If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Japanese-style of sweet bun

Discovered this great recipe from my old recipes collection, immediately I gave a try today.
Why it called as Japanese-style of sweet bun, I think because it consists of few Japanese ingredients. This bun is full of flavours, sweet, sour and salty...you should give a try..










Recipe to share

Bread Dough
1. refer to sweet bun recipe

Filling
1. shredded Japanese cucumber
2. shredded carrot
3. shredded cabbage
4. Japanese mayonnaise
5. salt
6. sugar
7. wasabi ( optional)
8. lemon juice
- mix well, and drain excess water before fill into dough

Topping
1. Japanese seaweed
2. Egg

Steps
1. Ready the sweet bun bread dough and rest well.
2. Divide the dough into small ball shape, fill it with the filling, and keep aside to rest until double size.
3. Cut Japanese seaweed into small rectangular size, brush with egg and place on top of the bun.
4. Bake in pre-heat oven at 200c for 15mins.

I managed to bake 12 buns and kids finished 10 buns in just few hours and keep 2 buns to bring to school tomorrow morning, so you can imagine how nice is this bun !!

12 comments:

Colin Woon said...

A lot of good stuffs coming out of your kitchen lately! So cool!

These buns looks very very delicious! I wish I can get a bite too!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Sweet, sour & salty, very interesting combination! Looks good.

Nancymommy said...

这该是带咸味的面包吧?我喜欢..太甜的面包吃起来让我有"罪恶感"...怕肥嘛!哈哈...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, all are just normal stuffs, nothing is special..

Little Corner of mine, ya, very interesting taste

Nancy, ya, I like bread with salty taste rather than sweet one, I also 怕肥, hahaha..

米亚 said...

Hey! These buns looked great! I like seaweed a lot but I have never come across this sort of bun before... Shall I try it this weekend? It is healthy too... all vege!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Mia, go ahead and try it, I'm sure you will like it.

J.O said...

恩~样子真的很日本:P
里面的料看了很开胃,呵呵

温馨小屋 said...

那紫菜贴在面包上好可爱哦!我喜欢!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

J.O, thatswhy this bun called Japanese style of bun, hehehe..

Felvinc, like Hokkian said " Ta Ko Aoi" , hahaha, 喜欢 so bake quickly lor.

coffeesncookies said...

HI.. first time visiting your blog. good idea to use cupcake pans to bake buns. thanks for the tip

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

coffeesncookies, Thanks for drop by, I have add your blog in my blog list, will explore your blog later.
Ya, use this baking pan can get nice and round shape buns..

petrina said...

I'm so going to try this!! thanks for the recipe :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin